Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Severe Fire Damage Caused By Oven

Appliances have the ability to easily start a fire. This renter in Grand Haven experienced serious damage when their oven caught fire. Rooms and other apartments that weren't completely destroyed experienced smoke and soot damage. 

House Fire Melts Lamp

A fire can do serious damage to your home or business. It has the ability to severely damage both structure and contents. This homeowner experienced a fire that began in a bedroom. Luckily, the homeowner shut the door to contain the fire and prevent further damage until first responders arrived. The fire severely damaged the bedroom and hallway resulting in large quantities of soot and melted contents. Fire damage restoration is meticulous and should only be performed by professionals. We have the equipment and experience to successfully restore your property.

Call Us Today – (616) 396-8180

Soot Covered Bathroom

A fire can easily leave your home filled with a thick layer of soot. If this soot is not cleaned correctly, it can do more harm than good to your home. If you experience fire damage, we are here to help! Our highly trained technicians have extensive experience with fire damage and restoring as much of your property as possible.

Soot Web

Many individuals wonder why after a fire, most of the soot webs reside in the corner's of the ceiling. In reality, most soot webs can be found on the ceiling since that is where it was cooler during the fire. Smoke/soot circulate towards cooler areas of a room which is typically the perimeter of the ceiling. The soot then clings together creating chains that resemble a spider web.

Paint Bubble

There are a variety of damages that can result from a fire. This homeowner experienced the paint on their walls begin to bubble from the extreme heat.

Soot Throughout Home

Smoke and soot have the ability to easily make its way through your home. When this Grand Haven homeowner experienced a furnace puff-back, even areas that didn't seem effected were littered with soot. Attempting to clean the soot yourself can result in further damage to your home. We have the training and equipment to restore rather than replace.

Have Questions? Call Us Today – (616) 396-8180

Fire Melted Laptop

A fire does not only effect where you live, but also the things that you own. This house fire began in the basement and slowly worked its way up upward charring everything in its path. One of their total loss items is this laptop, which had been so severely effected that the keys began to melt and curl. 

Grease Fires

Cooking is the leading cause of house fires by a wide margin according to Using grease tends to make cooking even more dangerous. If you experience a grease fire, there are two main ways to resolve the situation. The first is to take away the oxygen. The only way fire can continue to burn is if it has access to oxygen. If you put a lid on the pot or pan that is on fire, the fire will begin to die. The second is to remove the heat source. This means to either move the pot or pan to an unlit burner or turn the burner off. DO NOT, under ANY circumstance, attempt to put the fire out using water. This picture demonstrates what a small grease fire can evolve to when water is used to extinguish. 

Fire Damage Causing a Thick Layer of Soot on Every Flat Surface

When a fire damage happens, we recommended that you limit the foot traffic in the home to prevent soot particles from being transferred to areas of the home not effected with soot damage. This also helps prevent particles from embedded in the carpet. The use of clean towels or old linens on high traffic areas is very helpful as well.

Call SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa County (616) 396-8180

Bathroom Counter Covered in a Layer of Soot

The soot damage in shown in this bathroom was caused by faulty wiring in a dehumidifier. The wiring smoldered filling the home with black smoke leaving behind a thick layer of soot on every flat surface. To protect the chrome fixture in this bathroom, it's recommended that you clean and apply a light coat of petroleum jelly or oil. Call SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa County 616-396-8180. We are always Here to Help.

Soot Damage Dining Room Table

At first glance you might not see anything wrong with this picture, until you notice the light brown circle in the middle of the table. That's the original color of wood before a fire smoldered causing major soot damage in this home. Every flat surface was covered in soot. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa County was here to help in a matter of hours to mitigate the damages, meet with the adjuster and come up with a plan of action to help make this loss "Like it never even happened".

Soot Damage Caused by Dehumidifier Malfunction

The dehumidifier that was hard wired into this home malfunctioned pushing soot thru the duct work completely covering every flat surface of this three story vacation home. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. Professionals were able to inventory and pack out the contents, complete the content cleaning off-site and restore the structure. 

Foam Used in Residential Fire

This residential fire started from a dryer malfunction in the basement level of the home. As you can see in the photo, the local fire department used foam to suppress the fire which left about 2" of foam/water in the lower level. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. Professionals were able to restore the home from the fire and water damage left behind.

Fire in an Industrial Structure

SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. can respond immediately to your commercial fire damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We have the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial losses such as the fire loss shown in the picture. 

Fire in a Commercial Building

This picture shows SERVPRO technicians on lifts cleaning soot off of the 23 foot high ceilings after a fire loss inside this commercial property. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies.